If you are 65 or older, you can ride the bus for FREE!
You can use your Medicare card, but COLTS recommends that you obtain a state Transit ID card.
Commonwealth Transit ID cards can be obtained at COLTS headquarters, located at 800 North South Road.
You should bring proof of age, which can include:
- armed forces discharge/separation papers
- baptismal certificate with church’s name and address
- birth certificate
- veteran’s universal Access ID card
- resident alien card
- PACE identification card
- passport/naturalization papers
- Pennsylvania photo ID card
- photo motor vehicle operator’s license
- statement of age from the United States Social Security Administration
The Pennsylvania lottery subsidizes free and reduced fare senior citizen transit.
For more information click here.